Storytelling Podcast

Discover Magical Sci-Fi Fantasy: Light Of Or'dre Crystal

 


Our First Trip

 “Mom, Mom!” Kevon repeated.

I opened my eyes to a strange quietness, lights, and a peculiar place. Our closet had turned into a spaceship. Or had it been one all along? I had no idea. I was lying on the floor while everyone sat in small built-in chairs. Poor little Princeton had cried himself to sleep while holding his toy and was sitting up close under Trevon, just staring. Serenity was asleep in her chair in a cradle position. I could also faintly see a guy and a child sitting on the other side of the spacecraft. He was breathing heavily while consoling the young child. 

Kevon was there next to me, trying to get me up. 

“Mom, we are flying in space; look!” he spoke with confusion and shock.

I slowly sat up and took in the ship’s darkness and the specks of light surrounding us. Out of nowhere, a massive flash of bright light lit up space outside the windows, and the ship really took off, lurching toward it. 

Serenity woke up crying. “Mommy!”

Quickly, I got in one of the seats next to her and noticed seat belt straps. I started to strap Serenity down.

“Mommy, I’m scared!” Serenity said.

“I know, baby, but put this seat belt on for safety, ok? We will be ok, don’t worry!”

Kevon saw what I was doing, got in his seat, and buckled down. I put Trevon’s on, and Princeton woke up and wrapped his arms around my neck. I kissed Princeton on the head and told him everything would be okay as I hurriedly strapped him down. But the ship jerked again, and I almost lost my grip and fell again into a seat. Measuring how fast we were moving was hard, but it must’ve been close to light speed. Before we knew it, we were bathed in that brightness I’d seen out the window. It felt like a roller coaster to the kids as they sat in fear, clutching their armrests. I was terrified, too, and overwhelmed with exhaustion, but I kept trying to reassure them. 

Finally, the ship idled down for a smoother ride. It lasted for about two minutes. The light fell behind us, and we were flying back into the darkness.

Time traveled as we traveled out into nowhere. 

“It’s ok, let’s close our eyes and try to relax. I’m not sure what is happening, but let’s try not to worry,” I said, breathing hard.

“Mom, this is crazy! Are we going to die?” Kevon asked.

“Don’t say that,” I snapped. “We will be fine. We just have to think positive. Something happened, and we are here and safe, ok?”

I was praying to God; it was the truth.

While Serenity and Princeton sat opposite me, I rubbed their heads and gently sang, “Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Princeton. Happy birthday to you! How old are you, sweetie?”

“I’m six years old,” Princeton said with a shaky voice. He sat there twiddling with his toy action figure and, after a while, drifted off to sleep again. 

The rest of them eventually joined him, and it was super quiet. I just stared out into a mental state of space. Dots of stars flickered out there in the dark as we continued for hours. I wondered if we were still in the Milky Way or somewhere even farther? Sitting there, I knew things were different, and my intuition was telling me something was wrong, or maybe right? I had never felt so lost and confused as I did then. I wondered where the ship was heading and what was in store for us when we arrived. 

A drop and a jerk to the ship woke us up after a long time. We weren’t surrounded by dark space anymore. We had landed somewhere. A door on the small spacecraft opened on its own, displaying a paradise in front of us, making my eyes widen as big as moons. The place was beautiful—no, scratch that, it was gorgeous beyond description. No movie or portrait could’ve possibly displayed what lay before our eyes—beautiful, weird, humongous trees, flowering plants, and mountains full of greenery.

I felt my body and spirit elevate. I exited the ship first, anxious and amazed. It was so bright outside that it soon became a little unbearable. Everyone else came out of the spaceship behind me, slowly entering a new world, bug-eyed and frightened to the core. The guy who had traveled with us and his young son stood there just as shocked.

“Wow, I can’t believe what I’m seeing,” he said.

Oh, but we were not alone. An unknown, more massive spacecraft slowly approached us, gliding over our heads.

“Look, Mommy!” Serenity yelled.

“Should we run and hide?” asked Kevon.

“No, I don’t think that’s a good idea,” I said, putting my hand on Serenity’s shoulder. “Let’s just stay calm.”

The spacecraft hovered over us briefly before lowering to the ground right before us. We were all straining our eyes through the harsh sun.

“I’m scared, Mom!” Trevon signed.

“I know you are, son, but just try to stand still and…”

A door opened on the spacecraft side, and a very tall figure walked into the doorframe. 

“…try to stay calm,” I finished.

But my children didn’t listen. Trevon ran back into the ship, and Serenity and Princeton hid behind me, peeking around my body. I couldn’t blame them. It wasn’t until the native walked out and came closer that we could see who or what was there. 

The dark-skinned woman must’ve been nearly eight feet tall. Her skin gave off a bright glow between her brown fitted one-piece suit, and her presence intoxicated the air with power. She had an afro, reddish eyes, robust facial features, body piercings, native jewelry, and a radiant smile with perfect teeth.

“Welcome to Lamarea!” she said. 

I glanced behind me at Trevon, who stood gaping at the stranger in the ship's doorway.

“Lamarea means ‘Love Cures All,’” the tall lady explained. “My name is Shuntreal, and I am chief in charge of the citizens of the city of Tora. You are safe with me, but you must come with me to learn more and meet the rulers of Lamarea!”

She looked down at Trevon and the rest of us with a warm smile.

“Please come! Don’t worry, and you will all be safe.”

Another tall female native emerged from the ship behind her, smiling, and walked toward us. She stood there just as tall, with robust features, but with long, silky black hair down her back. She passed out some weird sunglasses for us.

“Put these on, and they will help you see through the powerful sun rays until your eyes have adjusted,” she continued. 

The female's commanding yet nurturing voice said, “You must come with us to stay safe and learn more about yourselves and why you are here.” 

Safe? Well, we were standing in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by unfamiliar things, and life as we knew it was gone. So, really, what else could go wrong? And what other choice did we have but to go with them? So, we did.

Read More And Follow Along 👉LIGHT OF OR'DRE CRYSTAL.


NEW STORIES EVERY WEEKEND

Popular Posts